GENERAL TIPS FOR PARTICIPANTS
To join the videoconference:
- Before the start time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application.
- Participants will be sent to a waiting room before being admitted by the host to join the meeting.
- You have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on Test Computer Audio. Once you are satisfied click on Join audio by computer.
BASIC SESSION STRUCTURE
- 10 minutes before the Session: The Section Co-Chair will start the designated Zoom meeting.
- 2 minutes before the Session: The Section starts to be recorded and the Session Chair and Co-Chair are introduced by the presenter.
- 1 minute before the Session: The Session Chair introduces the session.
- Participants’ audio will be muted during the presentations. Participants are not allowed to unmute themselves but will be able to send a request via Zoom Chat messaging. To allow in your audio you must accept the request The host would like you to unmute.
- A live Q&A Session will follow each paper presentation, moderated by the Session Chair and Co-chair.
- Participants are invited to make questions by Zoom Chat, by Zoom Raise Hand or by requesting to be unmuted via Zoom Chat. When doing so, please identify yourself by name and institution.
- Duration for Q&A sessions is 3 minutes.
- Conferencing, online and in-person can be exhausting! We need to take breaks. We will take breaks. Breaks are built-in to the schedule!
- Stand up and stretch, get a snack, come back refreshed!